Sales and Use Tax

Sales and Use Tax is a very important part of running a business and sometimes may be confusing for the business owner. As your business consultant, we can help you identify exactly which part of your business or products you sell will require you to collect sales tax, how you can register with the BOE (Board of Equalization), and we can prepare and file your sales tax returns with the BOE. Sales Tax reporting with different government agencies has to be very accurate in order for you to accurately report how much of your sales included sales tax and to help avoid a future audit.

You must obtain a seller’s permit if you:

Are engaged in business in California

Intend to sell or lease tangible personal property that would ordinarily be subject to sales tax if sold at retail.

Will make sales for a temporary period, normally lasting no longer than 90 days at one or more locations.

Here is the application to obtain a California Seller’s Permit: Click Here